Master Scheduler Planner
Master Scheduler Planner
04062017 - Manufacturing
Leading Manufacturer of Broadband access equipment is currently seeking an experienced Master Scheduler/Planner for their facility located in Seminole, Florida. The Master Scheduler/Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining inventory production schedules to achieve sales, inventory, and service levels goals established.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in business/ technical or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- Must have minimum of 5 Years experience in inventory control and production scheduling.
- Must have demonstrated success in planning material to meet customer demand while meeting company's goal of Inventory turns.
- Must have working knowledge of Oracle ERP or other industry standard CRM systems.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing processes for controlling manufacturing capabilities and build plans.
- Must be detailed-oriented and results driven with strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to solve complex issues of diverse scope required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multitask.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Word. MS Access working knowledge preferred.
- Ability to build dynamic relationships with sales personnel and internal organizations.
- Experience in a telecommunications equipment vendor environment, preferred.
- Experience using common quality tools, such as root cause analysis, corrective action, and graphical display of metrics is a plus.
- Must be able to effectively read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Must be able to work limited amounts of overtime on short notice including nights, weekends and holidays when needed, especially at end of calendar quarter.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- APICS CPIM or equivalent certification is preferred
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop material leveling plans to insure that sufficient material is available for customer orders and at the same time to not have excess material at the end the quarter.
- Verbal and written communication with Sales Teams to understand customer requirements and potential requirements.
- Load, monitor and maintain MRP product load for proper system planning, minimize inventory, and maintain high customer satisfaction on delivery.
- Commits sales order ship dates based on shop capacity and scheduled delivery of materials.
- Works current and future part shortages with purchasing.
- Initiates work order documentation for Manufacturing and Shipping.
- Monitor material availability, track progress of production, and review factors that may affect schedules and ship dates.
- Revise schedules, as necessary, to optimize efficiencies while maintaining target delivery performance and inventory levels.
- Works with the Order Management on expedited and hotline type orders to assure customer satisfaction
- Maintain open communications with other Materials Planners, Manufacturing and Shipping regarding schedule changes so that proper component inventory requirements can be achieved.
- Responsible for developing production schedules for both circuit card assemblies and models within shop capacity to ensure smooth flow of work through the manufacturing process.
- Reports on key metrics as defined by departmental targets and goals.
- Analyze, negotiate, recommend, and revise finished goods levels, as appropriate, to control inventory
- Compiles system generated exception reports as defined by departmental procedures and objectives.
- Supports ISO documentation.
- Coordinates with other Materials Planners with part and floor issues as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must monitor email throughout the day and communicate back with the information needed.
- Monitor and resolve ECO issues assigned in Agile. Review inventory and create a plan to use up, rework or scrap the material if necessary.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com (please indicate job ID 04062017 in the subject line).
Current Employment Opportunities include: