Oakland, CA, US
Dasan Zhone Solutions, Inc. is a global leader in all IP multi-service access solutions, serving more than 750 of the world's most innovative network operators. The IP Zhone is the only solution that enables service providers to build the network of the future...today, supporting end-to-end Voice, Data, Entertainment Social Media, Business, Mobile Backhaul and Mobility service.
Dasan Zhone maintains a $60M Test Lab at its headquarters in Oakland, CA, that is run and managed by the Release Test Lab organization. They provide the final test and inspection plus quality assurance for Dasan Zhone's products. The position of Test Engineer reports to the manager of the Release Test Lab and will be responsible for developing and executing test processes as part of the QA function for Dasan Zhone's telecommunications products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for execution of test plans and documentation of results during the product validation cycle.
- Performs product testing and reports results to management
- Acts as Dasan Zhone's first customer.
- Able to make Customer-biased recommendations when products are submitted for Official Release.
- Performs testing from Customer perspective, i.e. behaves like Customer when designing test environments, evaluating test results, and establishing release criteria.
- Performs Customer-level testing, where products under test will be integrated into real world environments wherever possible in order to determine reliability, stability, and quality.
- Ensures that development and management teams have information necessary to improve quality of product and intelligently assess risk in releasing product.
Job Skills Requirements:
- The ideal candidate is a team player who is a self starter and goal oriented
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work and communicate with design engineers and product managers
- Applicant must have a solid understanding of IP fundamentals
- Successful applicant will be working with VOIP, ADSL, VDSL, GSHDSL, GPON, T1/E1, GigE, Voice, and/or Broadband technologies
- Comfortable with Linux, Solaris, and Virtual Machines such as VirtualBox or VMware, both usage and administration
- Background in multi-vendor telecommunications environments highly desireable
- Preferred test background, but network support background also considered
- BS Degree or equivalent experience in related field, preferably engineering or computer science
- 3-5 years related professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com (please indicate job ID 04122017 in the subject line).
Current Employment Opportunities include: