- Integrated Phone Filter
- Auto-connect feature will automatically detect the first usable PVC and automatically detect PPPoE, PPPoA, and Bridge Protocol(with DHCP Server available)
- Configurable as either a Bridge or Router
- Filter traffic based on Destination or Source IP Address and MAC Addresses
- Traffic Class Rules based on Protocol, Source IP, Source Port, Destination IP, Destination Port, 802.1p
- Single Click DSL test - Tests Ethernet connection and ADSL Synchronization along with ATM OAM F5 segment pings and end-to-end pings.
- Configured through easy-to-use web interface
- DELT - Integrated Loop Testing for Line troubleshooting
- PPPoE/PPPoA redirect feature allows end user to easily enter PPP username/password on modem. Eliminates need for provider to configure the modem before installation.
- TR-069 remote management client certified on industry leading management systems.
ADSL2+ Single Port Modem with Integrated Filter
ADSL2+ Single Port Bridge/Router
The 65xx ADSL2+ family of endpoints deliver the required performance for multimedia applications at very competitive price points. The 6500 ADSL2+ endpoints, in compact form factor, have been successfully used for residential, business, in-building deployments such as hotel/motel, temporary housing, and dormitory-campus installations for high-speed internet access (HSIA) and video-on-demand services.
The Zhone 6500 ADSL2+ endpoints are easily user-installed. The embedded web-based user interface is designed to simplify ADSL deployment. All products provide an integrated filter and an Ethernet connection that is auto-sensing, eliminating the worry about connection cable type (straight-through vs crossover).
DELT or Dual End Loop Test, is a feature that is present the 6500 Family of ADSL2+ CPEs. DELT is primarily used for reactive tests on a loop after a modem has been deployed—either to help troubleshoot a line or to capture a baseline of loop characteristics at the time of installation. Because DELT is a dual-ended test, it requires equipment that supports the DELT feature at both ends of the copper loop. While this prevents DELT from being used on loops where no CPE has yet been deployed, DELT in turn offers a deeper set of loop tests, and can provide very valuable information on the condition of a copper loop.
Default settings make for a quick and easy installation that doesn't require any configuration.
The modem, when operating in router mode, support DHCP Server/Client, NAPT, as well as RIP, dynamic routing, port forwarding, and static routing. For security, firewall functions including PAP/CHAP authentication and IP filtering are supported.
Dimensions (H x W x D)
1.30"(34.93 mm) high x 7.25"(184.15mm) wide x 5"(127mm) deep
0.55lbs (0.249 kg)
Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
Output: 12V 0.7A
1 x DSL Line: RJ11
1 x Phone Filter: RJ11
1 x Ethernet: 10/100BaseT
1 x RESET Button
1 x On/Off Switch
- ITU-T I.610 F4/F5 OAM Send and Receive/Loop back
- Support for 8 PVC's
- RFC 1483/2684 (Bridged/Routed Ethernet over ATM)
- Transparent Bridge Support
- DHCP Server/Relay/Client
- DNS Relay Agent
- Dynamic DNS Support
- DMZ support
- Static Routing
- RIPv1 and RIPv2
- Policy based QoS (TOS, 802.1p, Source/Destination IP Address, Source/Destination Port, Protocol)
- PAP/CHAP authentication
- NAT for Basic Firewall support
- Ingress and Egress Packet Filtering
- Parental Control
- MAC Filtering
- Stateful Packet Inspection
ANSI T1.413 (Full Rate ADSL)
ITU G.992.1 (DMT)
ITU G.992.3 (ADSL2)
ITU G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
Web-based Configuration GUI
Telnet Remote Management
FTP/TFTP firmware upgrade and configuration backup/restore
FCC Part 15, Part 68
Operating Temperature: 32F to 104F (0C to 40C)
Storage Temperature: -4F to 149F (-20C to 65C)
Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
See our How to Buy Page for pricing and purchase info.
||Single Port ADSL2+ CPE Router (Broadcom), 10/100BaseT, N.A.
||Single Port ADSL2+ CPE Router (Broadcom), 10/100BaseT, U.K.
||Single Port ADSL2+ CPE Router (Broadcom), 10/100BaseT, EURO
||Security Brackets for 6511-A1, Qty 1